[Samba] Re: WINS over subnets

Hoggins! hoggins at wheres5.com
Tue Oct 3 02:41:50 GMT 2006

Okay, I checked on my clients, and what I see is for the most
surprising: they only display hosts within the samba server's
browse.dat, not even the other hosts on the same subnet (usually, I
believe they would have been discovered through broadcast). So the only
machines that appear on ALL the machines of all the subnets are :
	- the server
	- the XP box, located on the same subnet as the server

The other hosts' names can be successfully resolved by the server
(checked with Ethereal) when explicitly typed in the explorer bar. But
they are not "discovered" by the network browsing.

Any idea of the problem ?

The local masters don't seem to be doing their job, do they ?

	Hoggins!