[Samba] usrmgr.exe issues

Eddy Parris e_mpika at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 29 15:27:55 GMT 2006

Hi

I have set up my own domain on Debian stable (3.0.14a-3sarge2) and can log in etc.
I have just gone to administrate my user accounts using the server tool (usrmgr.exe) from microsoft (i know it is not the problem of samba to support these but...) when i select my new domain 'EDDU' i get the error:

"the specified local group does not exist"

Having read pretty much every google entry and searched this list to no avail, the only solution i found was a patch that would solve the problem if you were using an ldap backend. I am using a straight up tdbsam backend a fear this patch will not solve the problem.

thanks

Edd Parris

.'' ` .  Edward Parris : http://www.communecation.net/
: :'  :  Social Engineer : http://socialengineer.communecation.net/