[Samba] Windows security policy

Matheus Morais matheus.morais at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 18:15:56 GMT 2006

Hello everybody!!

I have a big network here with many machines with different operating
systems (Linux, Windows 9x/2000/XP and FreeBSD). Currently all of them are
authenticated by a Debian GNU/Linux server running SAMBA with LDAP. It works
perfectly but I have some problems to block some features from Windows
users.

I'm looking for some tool to control the user rights around his own station
from the server. Acctually I'm using POLEDIT (wich generates two policy
files named CONFIG.POL NTCONFIG.POL) to do that job but Its a very limited
tool and to be honest its giving me more problems than solutions.

For that specific reason I'm searching for someone who already faced that
kind of necessity and obtained success to supply it.
Any tip is very welcomed!

Thanks,

Matheus Morais