[Samba] share issues..

Andy .. thecornfield at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 25 20:09:27 GMT 2006

for months i'vbe been trying to set up a basic share server in my house..

the problem i'm facing is that my username/passwords are specific to the
server, not the windows machines..

heres the run down of my requirements:

/data = only to be read/write accessible by user "bob" all else should have
no access.
/data/public = to be read only to the general public. (this was easy to
implement..:)
/data/public/uploads = to be write accessible by user "friend" (or bob) but
read only to all else.

sounded like an easy enough task.. but the media center (hacked xbox) can't
deal with the authentication of "security = user" though "share level" could
hit the public directory nicely..

Is there any way to do this?

-ANdy