[Samba] what OS do you use for Samba?

Gautier, B (Bob) Bob.Gautier at rabobank.com
Wed Nov 22 09:54:23 GMT 2006

We use Samba (winbind) for authentication against multiple AD domains.
We are
currently using 3.0.23c with a patch to make the trusted domains work
(see BZ3661).

This is running on RHEL4 and in the past it's been tested on Solaris
too.

Bob G

> > Yeah, I thought about going with Ubuntu 6.06 (I'd stick
> with that for
> > the LTS), but it's so new.  I would feel better going with
> something
> > with a longer, proven track record.  However, it is nice
> being able to
> > install and set up Ubuntu for free but then have Canonical there in
> > case I have an issue I just can't figure out on my own.
> >

> I've been using it as our primary file server for about 3 or
> 4 months now. Other than the famed archive bit problem, there
> really hasn't been an issue. My only regret is that Samba 4
> isn't out so I still have to run 2003 as domain controllers.
> --

This email (including any attachments to it) is confidential, legally privileged, subject to copyright and is sent for the personal attention of the intended recipient only. If you have received this email in error, please advise us immediately and delete it. You are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Although we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, we cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the viruses in this email or attachments. We exclude any liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided in this email or its attachments, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If this email contains an offer, that should be considered as an invitation to treat.