[Samba] Sluething

Moondance Foxmarnick calabash at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 21 17:15:17 GMT 2006

Jack,
        And here I thought I would be taken to task for sipping! <grin>

Thank you. I remember pdbedit. I don't remember why I have used it, and I certainly didn't remember that it could give me SIDs. (that just looks wrong) And you have no idea how many variant ways I typed into Google for SID to UID conversion. None of the hits mentioned pdbedit. <sigh>

The problem I have with this software is that I only need to work with it 3 times a year after taking, what, 3 months to dive in and learn to set it up. You just can't learn or retain information that way. Now if a large, militant, propriatary company made this software.. why, it would go down once a week at minimum and would know the system like the back of my hand!

Guys.. can we work on this?

Feeling nothing but Luv for the SAMBA team,

-Moondance