[Samba] [3.0.23d] winbind: ads_connect for domain X failed: Operations error

Cédric Delfosse cedric.delfosse at linbox.com
Fri Nov 17 15:43:42 GMT 2006

Le jeudi 16 novembre 2006 à 17:47 +0100, Cédric Delfosse a écrit :
> SAMBA 3.0.23d (netbios name is PDC01, domain is LINBOXTEST)
> Windows 2000 server SP4 in mixed mode (netbios name is MAFIA-L6FFST3UP,
> domain is ADTEST / adtest.linbox.com)
>
> Hello,
>
> So I've successfully established a two ways interdomain trust
> relationship between a SAMBA PDC and a Windows domain. It was working
> fine: for example a windows user was able to connect on a share on the
> SAMBA server.
>
> But now that I restarted samba and winbind, windows user can no more
> connect to the SAMBA share.

I tried again this setup.

I configured a new AD server, this time with a DNS service on the same
machine. And I told the SAMBA server to use this DNS, as it is needed
for Kerberos stuff.

Now looks like all works fine \o/

Regards,

--
Cedric Delfosse                             Linbox / Free&ALter Soft
152, rue de Grigy - Technopole Metz              57070 METZ - FRANCE