[Samba] IP-to-Username lookups

Michael Schurter michael at susens-schurter.com
Tue Nov 14 20:41:54 GMT 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to find users by IP.  I'm parsing a
firewall log and would like to map internal IPs to users.

I noticed "nmblookup -A <ip>" returns interesting results:

	COMPUTER       <00> -         M <ACTIVE>
        DOMAIN         <00> - <GROUP> M <ACTIVE>
        COMPUTER       <03> -         M <ACTIVE>
        COMPUTER       <20> -         M <ACTIVE>
        DOMAIN         <1e> - <GROUP> M <ACTIVE>
        USERNAME       <03> -         M <ACTIVE>

where COMPUTER = NetBIOS computer name, DOMAIN = AD Domain Name, and
USERNAME = currently logged in user (right?).

The only problem is, how do I tell which row is the Username?

Thanks in advance!

Michael Schurter