[Samba] Problems in getting files from FreeBSD server

Denis denis at flcd.net
Fri Nov 10 01:48:29 GMT 2006

Hi! I've got problem getting files from file server on local network
which from what I know runs FreeBSD.
Each time I try access this PC from Gnome using Nautilus I'm able to
enter it but after few seconds(30-40) I've stop seeing this PC at all,
and not able to enter it for some time or until I reboot Samba on my
machine.
I specially installed Windows to see if such problem exist there and I
didn't experienced anything like this.
Few days ago I've discovered that I'm able to use xsmbrowser to download
files from it, but it works very slowly for some reason, much slower
than on Windows.

BTW the rest computers which run Windows doesn't refuse my connection
and I'm able to transfer files without any problem, only FreeBSD one
gave me troubles.
Do you know what could cause such problem and is there a way to resolve
this?

--
Best regards,
Denis Stenderchuck