[Samba] User/group mapping

Wright, Ryan P Ryan.Wright at pnl.gov
Thu Nov 9 17:36:35 GMT 2006

Hi folks,

I'm sure this will be a lame question for you all, but I am not a
seasoned Samba admin and the folks I know with more Samba experience
than I don't have a solution for me, either.

I need to map a large number of domain users to a single unix account. I
understand there is a 1024 character limit on lines in smbusers and I'm
hitting it. Is there any way around this limit?

Optionally, can I map domain groups somehow, such that all domain users
in a domain group would end up with the permissions of a local unix user
or group?

 | , |      ___   ___ _  -- Ryan P. Wright
 | _/__  __/ _ \ |   | | -- MSCF Operations
 |   \ \/ / /_\ \| | | | -- ryan.wright at pnl.gov