[Samba] deadtime parameter does not work ?

Alain.Gorlier at altissemiconductor.com Alain.Gorlier at altissemiconductor.com
Tue Nov 7 16:58:00 GMT 2006

We are currently trying to limit the number of processes/connections on
our samba server.
Our current version is Samba version 3.0.23c-SerNet-RedHat.

We tried to use the deadtime parameter.
If we set deadtime to 3 (3 minutes), the connection that is not used by
the client for more than 3 minutes is still seen in the smbstatus and net
status sessions.
The corresponding smbd process is still available on the samba server.
The client has to disconnect itself to :
- stop the smbd process
- exit from the smbstatus lists and net status sessions lists.

We tried to set the keepalive to 0 but it does'nt change anything.

Do I miss something ?