[Samba] Windows clients cannot print in color

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Tue May 30 14:00:23 GMT 2006

Thanks for replying.

We have several printers here.  The color printers are an HP 4550
networked with a JetDirect, a Ricoh Aficio CL7000, and a Konica Minolta
2430DL.  I am using the CUPS Windows driver v. 6.0.  I am wondering if
the Active Directory setup is what is causing my problems, as other
Samba howto's have required modification from what is in print in order
to work in AD.  AD seems to add an extra layer of complexity to the
setup.  I have tried CUPS ppd's and the NT4 ppd's from the
manufacturer.  None of them work in color from Windows clients.

I also /just/ found out that I cannot upload a driver - "access denied"
-  something I've already seen in other Samba shares (another AD
gotcha).  Only thing is, this time the permissions look right to me.

Dale Schroeder