[Samba] Domain Logins across VPN

Duncan Brannen dbb at st-andrews.ac.uk
Fri May 26 08:12:44 GMT 2006

> This configuration works. If I change passdb to 127.0.0.1 instead of
> the Master LDAP's IP, this pops up in samba.smbd:
>
> [2006/05/24 14:53:30, 1] lib/smbldap_util.c:add_new_domain_info(198)
>  failed to add domain dn=
> sambaDomainName=ATWORK,dc=atworkpersonnel,dc=com with: Server is
> unwilling to perform
>        shadow context; no update referral
> [2006/05/24 14:53:30, 0]
> lib/smbldap_util.c:smbldap_search_domain_info(258)
>  Adding domain info for ATWORK failed with NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
>

> That's the only error I see popping up. Ideas?

Has the entry dn= sambaDomainName=ATWORK,dc=atworkpersonnel,dc=com
replicated across to your slave
ldap server successfully?

Check your ldap logs on the slave, I think samba does a lookup for the
domain and adds it if it doesn't exist, otherwise
is the updateref set in your slaves slapd.conf file?  If the slave ldap
server is telling samba it doesn't accept changes but
not telling it where to send changes ( no update referral) you might get
this problem.

Hope this helps

       Duncan