[Samba] Domain Logins across VPN

rob at desynched.net rob at desynched.net
Wed May 24 17:58:48 GMT 2006

I've been trying to get this to work for a few days now. I read that
domain requests are sent via broadcast, and to use WINS to get around it.

Well, I've enabled the WINS server on my Samba PDC, and told the BDC's on
each VPN segment that the PDC is a WINS server. WINS resolution works
apparently, I can sit on a VPN'd network segment and ping machines across
the VPN via their NETBIOS name, but I can't log into the domain. Windows
tells me it can't find the domain. Is there something I'm missing?