[Samba] Samba share question

Wesley Hobbie whobbie81-linuxgeek at yahoo.com
Sun May 21 16:20:22 GMT 2006

I have the guest account enabled.  However, if I create the same share in
say /var it works how I would like it to work, so I think it has something
to do with /home/wes which is forbidden to anyone but "wes", even though I
have /home/wes/Downloads viewable by anyone.  So it appears that the
hierarchy has something to do with it.  Obviously a normal user does not
have permission to create a folder and share it from /var, and I do not want
everyone to have read access to /home/wes, is there some way I can make it
work that anyone (guest) can view the [Programs] share?