[Samba] share with no authentication

Fabien.LIOU at fr.thalesgroup.com Fabien.LIOU at fr.thalesgroup.com
Thu May 18 15:45:08 GMT 2006

Hello,

I got this problem:

I want to mount a directory without providing a login/password  [indicaf$].

I thought that "guest ok = yes" would be sufficient.
But it not works.

What option is the right one to open a share to everyone without a login box in windows ?

Thanks.

This is my smb.conf (samab v3.0.7):

tccwebcom# more smb.conf
# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 146.11.3.28 (146.11.3.28)
# Date: 2006/05/15 18:36:54

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = FLEUVE
        server string = Samba %v on host %h
        interfaces = 2.210.11.1/8
        security = DOMAIN
        password server = madeira ienissei orenoque
        guest account = www
        username map = /usr/local/samba/private/usersmap
        log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        announce version = 3.0
        dns proxy = No
        wins server = 146.17.1.1, 146.14.1.1

[indicaf$]
        comment = Fichier template XLA
        path = /data01/www/websphere/5.0/webapps/IndicAffaire.ear/IndicAffaire.war/excel
        guest only = Yes
        guest ok = Yes
        follow symlinks = No

Fabien LIOU (THALES SERVICES)
THALES COMMUNICATIONS (LAND & JOINT SYSTEMS)
TS/IOS/IMS/HO
160 Boulevard de Valmy
92700 COLOMBES
*Tél.:01 41 30 41 65