[Samba] no route to host

Alessio Bandini alessio.bandini at gmail.com
Wed May 17 12:34:46 GMT 2006

Hello,

First of all sorry for my English.

I am experiencing with Samba and I have a problem.
I have an old server (OLD) with Red Hat 9 and Samba 2.2.7a that is working well.
Now I try to start up a new server (NEW) with Red Hat Enterprise 4 and
Samba 3.0.22.
If I try to connect from NEW to itself by using smbclient I got the
shared resources list correctly. If I try to connect to NEW from OLD,
always using smbclient, I receive the message:

added interface ip=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX bcast=XXX.XXX.X.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
error connecting to YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY:139 (No route to host)
Error connecting to YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY (No route to host)
Connection to YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY failed

Supposing that XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX is the OLD server address and
YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY is the NEW server address.

I try to find in documentation and in other resources but I found nothing.
Could you help me.

Thank you.