[Samba] allowing windows xp local service with systems accounts rights to access samba share

Urs Rau urs.rau at uk.om.org
Tue May 16 16:06:36 GMT 2006

I am trying to use 'wpkg' omn win xp sp2 machine, a windows package
installer service, to access shares on my domain server.

'Wpkg' is running as a local service on a windows xp box that is joined
to a domain, and I would like this local 'wpkg' service that is running
with local systems rights to access files on a samba domain share.

I have played with a number of options including allowing guest access
but none of it seems successfull. It seems to either not accept the
username and password pair, although they are valid, or else complained
about not it not allowing multiple user connections to the same server.

What would I have to add in the share definition on the samba primary
domain server that would allow all windows xp sp2 workstations in the
domain that are running this service access to the share (if possible -
concurrently to a limited user account actually running the network
login script)

Thanks for any hints with this.

--
Urs Rau