[Samba] Performance issue on AIX when deleting files in a directory with a large number of files

Eric Warnke ericew at gmail.com
Wed May 10 17:53:07 GMT 2006

Could this have anything to do with the SYNC problem that was brought
to light in the past two weeks?  Maybe AIX/jfs is doing dome
additional processing in order to flush the disks.  I know that ext3
can do write combining that may be driving down the "cost" of the
SYNC.

I'm not saying that my bet isn't on the dumb application, but it's
something to consider.

Cheers,
Eirc