[Samba] Best way to Upgrade Samba 3.014a

daniel arjona arjonad at genco.com
Wed May 10 17:20:32 GMT 2006

Hello,

I have Samba  3.014a-Debian in a server Debian 3.1 Release 1 Sarge.  The
performance is pretty poor.

My  LAN is running at 100mbits/sec. So even at 4 feet from the server I'm
getting slow responses on my windoze 2000 pro computer from samba. It takes
an eternity to copy files from one place to the other.  Also, I have
several error messages and files corruption.

Could anybody tell me how to upgrade Samba?  I do not want to have new
issues on my server.  Give me the best way to do it?

Thanks,

Daniel Arjona
Net Admin
GENCO Distribution Systems