[Samba] SElinux and Samba

Yvon Dubinsky ydubinsky at dmpcorp.com
Fri May 5 14:21:25 GMT 2006

Ok, so there is not a problem with SElinux and Samba.  But it is a
pain to set up so it will work right.   I finally figured out how to
set up SE and Samba so you can be able to write and delete files.

I found in one of that man pages "man samba_selinux", you can just
disable SE for samba.   I am sure there are other ways also but this
is what I have found so far.   I tried to just open SE to samba but
that has not worked as of yet.   What does work is typing -
" setsebool -P smbd_disable_trans 1" - this disables SE for just
samba then restart samba with - "service smb restart".  I have not
found a way to just pass samba through SE as of yet with out
disabling SE for the samba demon.

- yvon