[Samba] Share Access

David Baker dtbaker at gmail.com
Fri May 5 04:14:42 GMT 2006

Hi

> However, on Windows2003, I:
>    connect the share as user1
>    unsuccessfully attempt to open the file for writing with vim
> This seems inconsistent with the results on linux, and not what I expected.
> Am I misinterpreting the expected results?  Thanks for any responses.

I am no expert but I ran into a similar issue the other day. Make sure
there are no other accounts connected to the samba share from the
windows computer that could be confusing permissions.
open up command prompt and type net use
ie: start > run > command > net use [enter]
should show a list of current connections.

--
DaveB