[Samba] Only one NDS_ldapsam possible?

Andreas Octav Andreas.Octav at anykey.de
Tue May 2 14:47:37 GMT 2006

Hello Volker,

thanks for your quick response. I tried using only one backend (without
smbpasswd) and it seems to work. At least i get a user authenticated.
But if i shutdown the first ldap server the backend does not use one of
the other two.
I will generate a level 10 log tomorrow. We have a quite uncommon setup
here, where we use the backend only for authentication (Universal
password feature of NDS), there is only read-only access to the
eDirectory servers.

BTW i´m using samba 3.0.20b(-3.4) (SuSE SLES 9 x64 SP3)

Best regards,
Andreas Octav

Am Di 02.05.2006 16:17 schrieb Volker Lendecke
<Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE>:

> On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 03:20:04PM +0200, Andreas Octav wrote:
>
> > If i use the notation for ldapsam in the way it´s mentioned in the
> > documentation it does not work at all:
> > passdb backend = NDS_ldapsam:"ldaps://serverA.blabla.com:636
> > ldaps://serverB.blabla.com:636 ldaps://serverC.blabla.com:636"
> > smbpasswd
>
> But this is how it's supposed to work... Please send a debug
> level 10 log of the failure.
>
> BTW, multiple backends (nds_ldapsam smbpasswd) will not
> work anymore with 3.0.23.
>
> Volker

Andreas Octav
Consultant