[Samba] samba 3 performance issues

Rohit Kumar Mehta rohitm at engr.uconn.edu
Thu Mar 30 19:46:12 GMT 2006

Hi,

The tests were done with BartPE/WindowsXP and with Knoppix 4.0 and
smbmount.  Would smbmount perform much different than smbclient?
I can certainly repeat the test using a different client tomorrow.

The Celeron CPU may very well be our problem.  I wish it were a simple
misconfiguration and not a hardware issue.

Rohit