[Samba] Can samba ensure that a user did not enter the previous password when password expired?

Jan Stavel stavel at pracovni.net
Tue Mar 28 16:10:41 GMT 2006

Hello,
I have working PDC with ldap

  samba                         3.0.21c-1

I try to force users change their password by setting password
expiration. It works - the samba asks a user to change his password.

But user can set value of the password to the previos one and system
accepts it - at the end no change was made :-)

Can samba check whether user really changed value of his password?

  I tried to change password format from SSHA to SHA (it can be checked)
but no
  result.

  Thanks for advice,
  Jan Stavel