[Samba] Re: Printer Queue not being cleared

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Tue Mar 14 15:07:07 GMT 2006

Rory Vieira wrote:

The rest looks "good" so I will focus two points on this part.

> [printers]
>    comment = All Printers
>    path = /var/spool/samba
>    browseable = no
>    public = yes
>    guest ok = yes
>    writable = no
>    printable = yes
>    create mode = 0700

    create mode = 0600

Is perfect for this, spooled print jobs would never need to be executed on the server.

Did you do something like this while setting up the spool directory? (Run as root)

==========================
#!/bin/bash
#
# initPrint.sh
#

mkdir /var/spool/samba
chmod 0777 /var/spool/samba
chmod o+t /var/spool/samba
==========================

Finally, have you looked in that directory to see if jobs are stuck there?

"writable = no" strikes me as interesting... here is my printers share...

[printers]
    comment = SMB Print Spool
    path = /var/spool/samba
    browseable = no
    public = yes
    guest ok = yes
    read only = yes
    printable = yes
    create mode = 0600

Yes yes, small details, maybe one of them is key though...

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems