[Samba] Samba Errors with 3.0.21b on AIX -- please help

Ray Gebbie Ray.Gebbie at fds.com
Mon Mar 13 22:37:41 GMT 2006

I guess there have not been any responses because I did not specifically
ask a question.

Why would 3.0.4 work and 3.0.25b give indications that the system is not in
the domain?  The configurations are the same.

Ray Gebbie
Federated Systems Group
San Francisco, CA 94102
415-422-1662

             Ray Gebbie
             <Ray.Gebbie at fds.c
             Sent by:                  "David Shapiro"
             samba-bounces+ray         <David.Shapiro at bcbsnc.com>,
             .gebbie=fds.com at l         samba at lists.samba.org
             ists.samba.org                                             cc

                                                                   Subject
             03/10/2006 09:32          Re: [Samba] Samba Errors with
             AM                        3.0.21b on AIX -- please help

Since 3.0.4 works, I am assumming that the system is in the domain.

But the errors seem to indicate it isn't.

Here is wbinfo:

[<vobadm> mcom4:/opt/Samba/3.0.21b/bin] > ./wbinfo -u
Error looking up domain users
[<vobadm> mcom4:/opt/Samba/3.0.21b/bin] > ./wbinfo -g
Error looking up domain groups

Ray Gebbie
Federated Systems Group
San Francisco, CA 94102
415-422-1662

             "David Shapiro"
             <David.Shapiro at bc
             bsnc.com>                                                  To
                                       "Ray Gebbie" <Ray.Gebbie at fds.com>
             03/10/2006 07:28                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Samba] Samba Errors with
                                       3.0.21b on AIX -- please help

Does wbinfo -u/-g work for you?

david

David Shapiro
Unix Team Lead
919-765-2011

>>> Ray Gebbie <Ray.Gebbie at fds.com> 3/8/2006 11:42:14 AM >>>
There have been no responses yet for this.  Perhaps I am not asking the
right questions.  If there is something obvious that I am missing please
let me know, because we are unable to upgrade the way things are now.

Thanks.

Ray Gebbie
Federated Systems Group
San Francisco, CA 94102
415-422-1662

             Ray Gebbie
             <Ray.Gebbie at fds.c
             Sent by:                  samba at lists.samba.org
             samba-bounces+ray                                          cc
             .gebbie=fds.com at l
             ists.samba.org                                        Subject
                                       [Samba] Samba Errors with 3.0.21b
                                       on AIX -- please help
             03/07/2006 10:51
             AM

I have been trying for 3 weeks to get 3.0.21b to work on AIX 5.2.  I am
currently running 3.0.4, which has no problems.  I am getting very
frustrated, and am about to give up entirely on Samba.

Here are some of the errors I am getting:

[<root> mcom4:/opt/Samba/3.0.21b/bin] > ./smbclient -L ccasemcom4 -d 3 -N
-Ub06reg%Becky1208
lp_load: refreshing parameters
Initialising global parameters
params.c:pm_process() - Processing configuration file "/opt/Samba/3.0.21
b/lib/smb.conf"
Processing section "[global]"
added interface ip=11.16.153.89 bcast=11.16.155.255 nmask=255.255.252.0
Client started (version 3.0.21b).
Connecting to 11.16.153.89 at port 445
Doing spnego session setup (blob length=16)
server didn't supply a full spnego negprot
Got challenge flags:
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x60890235
NTLMSSP: Set final flags:
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x60080215
NTLMSSP Sign/Seal - Initialising with flags:
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x60080215
SPNEGO login failed: NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO

After setting client schannel = no
[<root> mcom4:/opt/Samba/3.0.21b/bin] > ./smbclient -L ccasemcom4 -d 3 -N
-Ub06reg%Becky1208
lp_load: refreshing parameters
Initialising global parameters
params.c:pm_process() - Processing configuration file "/opt/Samba/3.0.21
b/lib/smb.conf"
Processing section "[global]"
added interface ip=11.16.153.89 bcast=11.16.155.255 nmask=255.255.252.0
Client started (version 3.0.21b).
resolve_lmhosts: Attempting lmhosts lookup for name ccasemcom4<0x20>
resolve_wins: Attempting wins lookup for name ccasemcom4<0x20>
resolve_wins: WINS server resolution selected and no WINS servers listed.
resolve_hosts: Attempting host lookup for name ccasemcom4<0x20>
name_resolve_bcast: Attempting broadcast lookup for name ccasemcom4<0x20>
Got a positive name query response from 11.16.153.89 ( 11.16.153.89 )
[...]

testparm does not show any problems with smb.conf.  Here is the Global
section of smb.conf:

        workgroup = FEDERATED
        netbios name = CCASEMCOM4
        server string = MCOM4 Samba Server
        security = DOMAIN
        update encrypted = Yes
        password server = fd000xsfed01
        smb passwd file = /var/samba/private/smbpasswd
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd
        log file = /opt/Samba/30.0.21b/var/log.%m
        large readwrite = No
        max xmit = 65535
        time server = Yes
        unix extensions = No
        deadtime = 30
        max open files = 15000
        dns proxy = No
        kernel oplocks = No
        ldap ssl = no
        create mask = 0775
        directory mask = 0775
        map archive = No
        oplocks = No
        level2 oplocks = No
        strict locking = No
        client schannel = no

If I need to provide more info, please let me know.

Ray Gebbie
Federated Systems Group
San Francisco, CA 94102
415-422-1662