[Samba] Samba and Windows 2003 interdomain trust

robert.walland at r-kb.si robert.walland at r-kb.si
Mon Jun 26 10:10:20 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I must establish a domain trust between a Samba and Windows 2003 domain.
I'm using Samba  3.0.21b with LDAP backend (no Winbind, no kerberos).
The domains are in differrent networks and between are some firewalls
(ports and services are already configured).

The first task for me is to configure Samba to trust the AD domain.

What are the steps?
Must both servers use the same Wins server, and is it possible for Samba
to be a Wins server by itself and also using the option wins server =
x.x.x.x ?

Please if you have any ideas, ...

Regards,