[Samba] Accessing home directories problem (XP Home Edition)

Brian Thibault bthibault at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 20:50:01 GMT 2006

 Hi there,

I have my Samba, set up and running. My users are add and should be set up
right. The problem is when I can't access my home directories from Windows XP
Home Edition <http://www.linuxforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=179059#>.

It should give me a login box right? .. but its not. It just gives me the
error message that I don't have access to the folder.

When I manually add my home directory though in my smb.conf, then click on
that directory from my windows box, it presents me w/ a login box. After I
login here, then I can access my "magic" home directory.

Here is my smb.conf dump from testparm:

[global]
workgroup = XXXXX
server <http://www.linuxforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=179059#> string
= File Server
map to guest = Bad User
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n *ReType*new*UNIX*password* %n\n
log file <http://www.linuxforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=179059#> =
/var/log/samba/%m.log
max log size = 50
server signing = Auto
socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
printcap name = /etc/printcap
preferred master = No
domain master = No
dns proxy = No