[Samba] Unable to cancel print-jobs with Samba+CUPS via WinXP

d.arun321 d.arun321 at indiatimes.com
Wed Jun 21 19:42:30 GMT 2006

Hi All,
I am working on a product(running on Linux with Kernel 2.4) in which print-server is one of the functionalities.
For that I have integrated Samba and CUPS which will let me give print-commands from a Windows PC and the commands are communicated to the cups via Samba and finally the prints are done by the printer which is connected to the product.

I have both CUPS(1.2.1) and Samba(3.0.22) deamons running on the hardware(product).

I am able to get print-outs and also able to Cancel, Pause and Resume  the print-jobs but only when I issue them via a Win-2K client.

If I try to manage the printing via Win-XP, I am able to only give a print-command . The Cancel, Pause, Resume nothing are working.

I dont understand why the Cancel, Pause and Resume are not working via Win-XP when it is possible via Win-2K.

The following is a part of the smb.conf configuration file:

/****************************************************/
    printcap name = cups
    load printers = yes
    printing = cups

    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    max log size = 50

    security = share
    socket options = TCP_NODELAY

    local master = no
    preferred master = no
    wins support = no
    wins proxy = no
    dns proxy = no

    [printers]
    comment = Printers
    path = /var/spool/samba
    public = yes
    use client driver = yes
    writable = no
    printable = yes
    browsable = yes

Please help me in this matter if anybody have come across this problem before...

Thanks,
Arun