[Samba] Export Samba mount using nfs

Doug VanLeuven roamdad at sonic.net
Thu Jun 15 07:28:18 GMT 2006

Luis Rodrigues wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have an Lacie NAS disk attached to an Gigabit network. Since it only exports samba I mounted on one
> of my gigabit Linux boxes with
> smbmount //lacie/terabyte  /TERABYTE               -o defaults,username=genuser,password=genuser

Hi Luis,
Although I don't use it, I've seen numerous posts about smbfs
filesystems not being supported anymore, and there are no more
code fixes for it.

Have you tried the replacement filesystem cifs?  My understanding
is cifs accomplishes the same goals and is supported in the
kernel.  See the command mount.cifs in the doco.

Regards, Doug