[Samba] testparm gives error in Solaris 10

i_rainbow5 at yahoo.com i_rainbow5 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 14 01:50:55 GMT 2006

Hello,

I am trying to set up Samba in a Solaris 10 system.
Solaris 10 already has Samba installed, so I just want
to make configuration changes in smb.conf and then
start the service. We already have a smb.conf file
from a RHEL 3 system where Samba works fine. So I
tried to use the same smb.conf file for Solaris. But
on running "testparm /etc/sfw/smb.conf", I get the
following error.
----------------------
Load smb config files from /etc/sfw/smb.conf
Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[printers]"
Processing section "[storelib_dev]"
Processing section "[root]"
map_file: Failed to load /usr/sfw/lib/upcase.dat - No
such file or directory
map_file: Failed to load /usr/sfw/lib/lowcase.dat - No
such file or directory
creating lame upcase table
creating lame lowcase table
map_file: Failed to load /usr/sfw/lib/valid.dat - No
such file or directory
creating default valid table
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE
# Global parameters
[global]
	workgroup = MYGROUP
	server string = Solaris box
	security = SHARE
	password server = None
	guest account = storelib
	log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
	max log size = 50
	socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192
SO_SNDBUF=8192
	printcap name = /etc/printcap
	dns proxy = No
	guest ok = Yes
	cups options = raw

[homes]
	comment = Home Directories
	read only = No
	browseable = No

[printers]
	comment = All Printers
	path = /var/spool/samba
	printable = Yes
	browseable = No

[storelib_dev]
	comment = Storelib Development
	path = /export/home
	read only = No

[root]
	path = /
	read only = No

It seems that the system does not have the files
/usr/sfw/lib/upcase.dat, /usr/sfw/lib/lowcase.dat and
/usr/sfw/lib/valid.dat. I'm not sure if there is any
other problem.

How can I make this work? Thanks for any help.