[Samba] Arcview .iwg temporary file

Alessandro Gignoli a.gignoli at arpat.toscana.it
Thu Jun 8 20:19:51 GMT 2006

We have about 15 file servers with samba (version 3.05, 3.0.14 and 3.0.22)
on Redhat 7.1-7.3 and FC4. Opening on it with arcview a .dwg file is fine,
it creates a good temporary .iwg (some MB), like using the file on a local
disk. Only in one installation (RH 7.3 updated, with kernel 2.4.20-28,
samba 3.0.5 and 3.0.22) we have a problem. Arcview write always a .iwg
file with a 8 byte size, and finally it crashes. Of course we did a lot of
tests (disabling oplocks, kernel locks, changing file name and position,
changing file and user/group permissions etc.), and we are using for
comparison the same configuration on a similar hw and identical OS working
server (i.e. the same testparm -v output).

Does anyone have experience about this kind of problem with arcview or
temporary files?

Thank you in advance.

Alessandro Gignoli

a.gignoli at arpat.toscana.it