[Samba] Openning samba server to the Internet

Yoav zuri yoavz.z at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 14:15:02 GMT 2006

Hello,

I'm running samba on a Linux server.

I want to login to that samba share from another computer not located in
that specific network.

I want to be able to "open" my samba server so everyone will be able to
login to it.

I'll secure this unsecured option using Firewall, restricting those specific
ports only for the IP I would like to login from.

What's the right way to do it without using VPN? My problem is that I need
to access it from a Windows server. And using NFS / FTP / RSYNC / SSHFS is
not an option due to that.

Using a VPN is not an option due to the specific application usage method in
the Windows side.

Thanks a lot in advance,

-- Yoav.