[Samba] USRMGR and 3.0.23a

Jeroen Vriesman jeroen at hivos.nl
Mon Jul 24 10:11:23 GMT 2006

Hi,

got the same problem, and there is a "mysterious" group "Users", the usermanager doesn't start, it says "The specified local group does not exist".

net groupmap list | tail:

IZ ICT (S-1-5-21-2651798370-710026074-3531216960-3179) -> IZ ICT
IZ PZ (S-1-5-21-2651798370-710026074-3531216960-3181) -> IZ PZ
Users (S-1-5-32-545) -> 10004

When I look in the ldap database, I see that the group Users is there, but with
dn: sambaSID=S-1-5-32-545,ou=Groups...

All the other groups have cn=Groupname in their dn.

And now for the strange thing, when I delete the group "Users" form ldap, it is
automatically re-created, and adding a group "Users" in the normal way, with
groupmapping doesn't prevent it from being created.

Which proces creates this group? And why, how? when?

Does this cause the nt4 usermanager problem?

Cheers,
Jeroen.