[Samba] [SOLVED] profile question

Cybionet cybionet at videotron.ca
Sun Jul 23 15:20:03 GMT 2006

Geating Eric,

Return of this conversation on the mailing list :-) and in english.

I'm sure that will not work that's way. When a "Domain Admins" member
will modify a file or directory, this file will be owned by the member
and not by the user of this profile. Windows client will be generate an
error during profile transfert. Like I have say in PV, you need to
execute setfacl -R -m u:<profile_user>::r-x /share/profiles/<profile_user>.

The root postexec parameter will use server ressources unnessarely. With
the way I say in PV, just apply these lines at the creation of profile user:

setfacl -R -m u:<profile_user>::r-x /share/profiles/<profile_user>
setfacl -R -d -m u:<profile_user>::r-x /share/profiles/<profile_user>

setfacl -R -m g:"Domain Admins":rwx /share/profiles/<profile_user>
setfacl -R -d -m g:"Domain Admins":rwx /share/profiles/<profile_user>

No root postexec is need, and you can surely make some mod to include it
in the idealix script or create your own script.

Robert