[Samba] Problem with tdb files.

Latrell is85022 at cis.nctu.edu.tw
Fri Jul 21 03:34:58 GMT 2006

 Hi All:

 I have problems with maintain tdb files. From samba doc, these files are
classified into persistent and temporary. From the man page of smbd, these
file are classified into persistent and not. However, there are some files
no need to backup but need to be persistent (netsamlogon_cache.tdb), and
some files need to backup but not need to be persisten (registry.tdb). There
are also some .dat files also mentioned in samba FAQ that need to be deleted
under particular case (change ip address).

 How can I maintain these tdb/dat files? Which file needed to be deleted
when samba restarts? Which files should be ket and backup regularly?I
believe some tdb files can't be kept because of size problem. I also noticed
join domain would have problem if browse.dat and gencache.tdb keep wrong
data. Please give me some advice.

 Thanks in advance,
 Latrell.