[Samba] Windows XP No Longer Connects to Samba Server

Geoff Calvert geoff.calvert at ouce.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jul 18 10:32:39 GMT 2006

Fedora Core 4 and Fedora Core 5 (same problem on both machines).

Issue has arisen since yum update to upgrade Samba from 3.0.22 to 3.0.23 -
i.e. I have made no configuration changes to what was a fully working samba
setup, problem appeared immediately following the update.

Client PCs running Windows XP fail to connect to the samba share.
Persistently prompt for a username /password.

I know this isn't much to go on, but I can provide debug logs and more
detail if required. From looking at the Fedora forum, this seems to be
affecting other users apart from just myself so there may have been other
reports aside from this one, or already be a known issue.

Geoff Calvert
IT Officer
Oxford University Centre for the Environment