[Samba] Open files

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Jul 14 15:12:59 GMT 2006

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 11:10:44AM -0400, Jack Gostl wrote:

> Pardon the idiot questions.
>
> I added "posix locking=no" (with and without spaces) to the global section
> of smb.conf and got an error from testparms.

You must have added something else... (just a point, don't add the " characters
around it - that was to differentiate it from the rest of the email text).

Here's the definition from the source code :

        {"posix locking", P_BOOL, P_LOCAL, &sDefault.bPosixLocking, NULL, NULL, FLAG_ADVANCED | FLAG_SHARE | FLAG_GLOBAL},

So it's definately in there (a per-share parameter).

Jeremy.