[Samba] Win2k Master Browser believes Linux box is master browser

Mark Cooke mark.cooke at twentyfive.co.uk
Fri Jul 14 13:34:54 GMT 2006

Hi,

We currently have a very small network with a Windows Small Business
Server acting as an ADS Master Browser,
we also have a Debian Sarge Samba Server, this sharing a single
directory at the Share level (security is not really that dig a concern,
as this is open to anyone in the company).
The Samba server has the workgroup set the the same domain as the
Windows ADS, but it has not joined the domain.

In the windows logs we have the following errors (every so often):

<error>
Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	MRxSmb
Event Category:	None