[Samba] Kerberos Keytab Code Update in 3.0.23

Scott Armstrong scottbird7 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 13 21:08:47 GMT 2006

>If the only reason for the UPN is so its more like MIT, then I'm inclined
to push back and say just precreate
>the machine account with a UPN before joining the domain.
>Or I could add a switch to 'net ads join' that said "create the UPN".  I
don't really want to make it default
>behavior.  Would that be acceptable?
That would be fine although if you can allow the format of the hostname to
be controllable that would be a bonus. I think allowing as much as possible
to be done at the time the machine account is created is best. It's pretty
labor intensive to have to log onto the Windows DC afterward and run
ADSIEdit in order to achieve the same result that was the default before the
code rewrite.
Thanks,
Scott