[Samba] Problems with samba config?

Jeffrey Hathaway jahathaway at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 19:10:14 GMT 2006

 I cannot seem to get it to listen to any ports on my server.    My
configeration is as bellow:

[global]
        workgroup = mygroup
        server string = Control Center
        interfaces = eth0
        null passwords = Yes
        pam password change = Yes
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        passwd chat = *New*Password* %n\n *Re-enter*new*password*%n\n
*Password*changed*
        username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
        unix password sync = Yes
        log level = 1
        syslog = 0
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m
        max log size = 50
        smb ports = 139
        time server = Yes
        keepalive = 20
        domain logons = No
        preferred master = No
        domain master = No
[homes]
        browseable = no
        writeable = yes
        valid users = %S
        invalid users = @nobody
        user = %S

Wha ti am trying to do is get it for Remote Storage.  This specific server
is in a Data Center in flordia.  Anyways thats besides the point, i cannot
seem to get it to lsten to 139 (default port).  it seems like it doesnt do
nothing, because  i cannot connect to it what so ever.  I have no firewalls
running either.

please help

- jeff