[Samba] performance problem. big amount of net traffic for file properties

Marc Cousin mcousin at sigma.fr
Fri Jan 27 13:32:42 GMT 2006

Hi,

I'm working with Jean-Philippe, and the problem doesn't seem to be a buggy net
driver, as all the packets received by the server seem valid (no checksum
error). But of course, we're no windows experts, so maybe in windows the
low-level drivers can have an influence with the upper IP stack...

Most (if not all) of the traffic from the XP workstation seems OK, except for
this crazy retransmission of the same request (not a tcp retransmission, the
paquets have different tcp sequence numbers).