[Samba] smbtar works only in verbose mode

Pierre Hanser hanser at club-internet.fr
Wed Jan 18 20:33:35 GMT 2006

hello
i've observed on the last samba release, on a mandriva 2005 linux
machine, something I had already seen in the past on older samba
versions; when i try to dump a share from a win XP box, if i
switch off verbose mode, many files at random are missing. If
i run the smbtar in verbose mode all files are present.

Is this a known fact? workaround? ideas?

In the past i suspected a problem in my compilation of samba,
but the same observation on an other machine, with an other
linux and an other samba: it seems there is something here.
thanks for any help or tips

--
	Pierre Hanser