[Samba] undefined reference to `swrap_close'

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jan 17 11:11:59 GMT 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-16 at 10:07 +0800, imacat wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 08:32:42 +1100
> Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2006-01-16 at 03:13 +0800, imacat wrote:
> > > imacat at rinse samba-3.0.21a/source % ./configure --prefix=/usr
> > > --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
> > > --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man
> > > --enable-socket-wrapper --with-fhs --with-piddir=/var/run
> > > --with-smbwrapper --with-smbmount --with-pam --with-pam_smbpass
> > > --with-libsmbclient --with-sendfile-support
> > The issue here is that you specified --enable-socket-wrapper, which
> > clearly hasn't been tested recently.  It is a developer option, of no
> > use until we finish creating a combined Samba3/Samba4 testsuite.
>
>     Oh.  I see.  Thank you.
>
>     The reason I use --enable-socket-wrapper is for make test.  I
> encounter the following problem when trying make test.  I suspect that
> --enable-socket-wrapper should be used, but there is no clear
> documentation about what it is.  If that is a development code, I think
> it should be removed from the testsuite currently, or make a conditional
> test suite and skip it when --enable-socket-wrapper is not used.

Yeah, the problem is that the testsuite was meant to be revamped to use
Samba4, but it hasn't happened yet.  I don't think the current 'make
test' does much at the moment.

>     The low-level solution seems to be simple: add bin/socket_wrapper.o.
> to the end of the ld arguments.  But maybe it should be fixed in
> Makefile.in.  To the end of MNT_OBJ and UMOUNT_OBJ, maybe?

No, I think we need to avoid smbmnt getting these defines.  This is a
setuid app, and I'm worried by how socket wrapper (and the environment
variable based changes in behaviour) would interact, in a security
sense.

Andrew Bartlett