[Samba] Problem after upgrade from 3.0.14a to 3.0.21a

Remy Zandwijk remy.zandwijk at falw.vu.nl
Mon Jan 9 15:44:41 GMT 2006

We have 2 Samba Domain Controllers and 1 Samba Domain Member Server, running
on Solaris 9. The Solaris servers are native LDAP clients to two OpenLDAP
servers. All user-info is available on these servers (getent passwd).

Before upgrading to Samba 3.0.21a, we were running Samba 3.0.14a. On the
Domain Member Server, when selecting the security-tab of a file or folder, the
users were listed as users of the domain. Settings ACL's worked very well.

After the upgrade to Samba 3.0.21a, suddenly the users listed in the
security-tab are users of the local machine and not the domain. Settings ACL's
fails without an error message. This happens with Samba 3.0.20b as well.

Apparently, something is changed between 3.0.14a and 3.0.20b. However I do not
have a clue... The configuration of all servers did not change. Installing
3.0.14a again and it all works again.

Does anybody have a clue what is going on here?

Thanks,
-Remy