[Samba] only see a partial list of shares using "smbclient -L"

Mark Atwood me at mark.atwood.name
Fri Jan 6 19:58:50 GMT 2006

I've got a Win2K server that shares out several dozen printers and a
number of disk shares.

If I run "net view \\MY-PRINTSRV" from a windows box, I see a full list
of all the disk and print shares.

If I run "smbclient -L MY-PRINTSRV" from a linux box, I see only few
of the those shares.  Randomly selected from the full list, and just
ones with shorter names with no spaces in them.  (Many of the printer
names are long, and have spaces in their name.)

What's causing that, and is there anything I can do about it?

--
Mark Atwood             When you do things right, people won't be sure
me at mark.atwood.name     you've done anything at all.