[Samba] pdbedit ldap Object class violation still

zorg zorg at probesys.com
Thu Jan 5 09:25:47 GMT 2006

hello,
still got my problem and noone anywhere seem to know something about it

here is my problem
I'm using samba 3.0.14a (debian)
with ldapbackend
with 250 computer (all workinh well)
in october I could join machine to domain without problem
but today it doesn't work
after some experiment I manage to see that even pdbedit was not working well

for example
pdbedit -a -m -u zigo

give me this error

cn=zigo$,ou=Systems,dc=domain,dc=int with: Object class violation object
class 'sambaSamAccount' requires attribute 'sambaSID'

in the ldap log i can see that the attribute sambaSid is not send

but I really don't know what goes wrong

if someone can help me

thanks

in my ldap base zigo$ exist like this

dn:cn=zigo$,ou=Systems,dc=domain,dc=int
objectClass: top
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: posixAccount
uidNumber: 7297
uid: zigo$
cn: zigo$
sn: zigo$
gidNumber: 604
homeDirectory: /dev/null
loginShell: /bin/false
gecos: Machine Account

I have found nothing on the net to help me
so if you have any idea

thanks

cyril