[Samba] tdbsam Question

Eric Hines eehines at comcast.net
Wed Jan 4 04:39:23 GMT 2006

Dumb question time; I can't find the answer in the Samba-3 or HOWTO
docs: how do you add users to the passdb.tdb (tdbsam's db)?  Is
pdbedit the only way?  I ask because the Chapt 3 Samba-3 example has
passdb = tdbsam in the samba config file, but the instructions for
adding users are to use useradd and smbpasswd, which leave passdb.tdb
empty (except for root--I have no idea how that got in there).

Thanks

Eric Hines

There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of
the vast majority by adequate governmental action.
         --Bertrand Russell