[Samba] Error returning browse list: NT_STATUS_OK

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Tue Jan 3 23:48:02 GMT 2006

I continue to receive this error message:

Error returning browse list: NT_STATUS_OK

This is how I am attempting to list the shares on my WinXP machine.

smbclient  -L GERARD -U gerard
Password:
Domain=[GERARD] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
Error returning browse list: NT_STATUS_OK
Domain=[GERARD] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

        Server               Comment
        ---------            -------

        Workgroup            Master
        ---------            -------

When run from the local machine, this is the output:

smbclient  -L localhost -U gerard
Password:
Domain=[SEIBERCOM] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.20b]

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        BS-Web          Disk      BeerStud 'htdocs' dir
        SC-Web          Disk      Seibercom 'htdoc' dir
        ges             Disk      GES Directory
        cgi-bin         Disk      CGI-BIN Directory
        Send            Disk      DADA Scheduled Mail Directory
        dada-log        Disk      DADA Logs
        l-config        Disk      Configs in /usr/local/etc
        logs            Disk      Logs in /var/log
        IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Samba 3.0.20b)
        ADMIN$          IPC       IPC Service (Samba 3.0.20b)
Domain=[SEIBERCOM] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.20b]

        Server               Comment

        Workgroup            Master
        WORKGROUP            SEIBERCOM

What am I doing wrong and how do I correct it?

--
Gerard Seibert
gerard at seibercom.net